Well it’s 2010, and my new year’s resolution is to stop neglecting my blog.
Seriously, though, it would be absurd to try and catch up on everything that has happened since I last wrote what I would consider a “real” blog post. It has been so long, I sort of don’t even know how to start back again. It feels like what I imagine being separated from my husband would feel like, and we’ve just decided to try and work things out, and I don’t really know how to begin, but I’m determined to try. For the children, you know. I’m a martyr like that.
So what you missed—or rather, what I failed to report—is this:
1. I finished finals.
It wasn’t an easy task, I can tell you that much. Look how bad I looked on the last day of my last exam.
Finally it was done, though, and that was all that counted. Except for grades, of course: I got an A- in one class, an A+ in another class, and have yet to receive the grade for my third class because didn’t you know? My last final was on the twenty-damn-second of December. As in, three days before Christmas. As in, just in time to write the exam and then drive straight to Arizona and make it here just in time for Christmas Eve.
2. My dear friend Chelsie came to visit me in Canada. I would show you a picture of all the notable things we did like yoga and ice skate and sushi, but we didn’t do any of those things, and instead forfeited them all to spend hours watching seasons one and two of Gossip Girl™ in my basement. It was pure heaven and I can’t wait until we can do it again.
3. Then we—Poor Kyle, Chelsie, and I—drove down to Arizona for the holidays. The drive down looked a lot like this:
4. Then my parents, Poor Kyle, and I all flew to Texas on Christmas morning and flew back to Arizona on Christmas evening. It was fun. Exhausting, but fun.
5. Two days later, my family all loaded up into two vehicles and boogied over to California to visit Mickey and company. The first day, December 27th, Disneyland was insanely crowded and I swore I would kill myself before I ever went back to that place. The second day was much more calm. We all had a blast, especially my awesome little nephew who had massive meltdowns every time he had to get off the rides. He didn’t much like the idea of sharing with the other kids.
I meant it when I said the kid was awesome. See that awesome 70s-inspired coat? I bought it for him for Christmas. He hates to take it off. Awesome.
Poor Kyle and I rode the kiddie rides at California Adventure with fervor.
6. After Disneyland, we headed to the sand dunes for four days of miserable camping in a tin-foil trailer in the midst of a vast arid desert where every breath I took coated my lungs with yet another fine layer of dust. It was pretty bad, and was made worse by the fact that I think I caught the Swine Flu from those snot-nosed kids at Disneyland. Needless to say, I didn’t take any photos of this phase of my life. We were there over New Years’ Eve, and I was in bed by eight p.m. Pathetic.
Lastly, and most importantly…
7. I ate a Choco Taco for the first time in years. It was delicious.
Anyway, I’m home now, and feeling still under the weather, but I’m hoping to be healed in time to enjoy the remainder of my holiday.
And how have you been? Please, fill me in on anything new in your lives. I feel so out of touch with the blogging world, and I want to repent.