I can nary believe I lived through the trauma of yesterday. Of course such an heinous thing would happen in August. I would say I “lived to tell the tale,” only there is no WAY I would tell that tale over the internet. To do so would require the use of words that would instantly turn my G-rated blog into something far, far worse–like Double-X.
Anyway, I am alive; I have been tagged by my lovely friend Afton Willis, so I guess that means you have to sit there at your computer and read a bunch of stuff about me (I always like reading other peoples’ tags, I just don’t think people will find my own all that interesting). I call this:
JOBS I’VE HAD:
1. Au Pair in Belgium (Glorified word for “nanny”). This was amazing. I speak French.
2. Administration assistant at Arizona School of Real Estate and Business (glorified word for “secretary”).
3. Sales associate at Interior Fabrics. I sold fabric. Of the long line of people who have worked there since me, I like to claim that I was the One Who Started it All. (It’s not a claim–it’s true; for some reason it sounds like an arrogant thing to say, though. It’s just a fact. [That still sounds arrogant!])
4. Sales associate at Ann Taylor Loft. I don’t think I ever brought home much of a paycheck. All I have to show for my 1.5 years at ATL is an extensive (and somewhat outdated, now) wardrobe. I like clothing my body in the latest fashions; I wish I could do it more often.
5. Delivery driver at Jason’s Deli. This is a current part-time job I hold. It is not my claim to fame, and I get embarrassed any time I see people I know while I’m on the job. But it’s an honest living–Walking Tall, right?
6. I also work as a sales associate at Images of Nature in the Scottsdale Fashion Mall. I dis-enjoy the Scottsdale Fashion People but I love the job, and my fellow employees.
7. Sundry other positions, like janitorial services, lawn-mowing, and even newspaper delivery. And yet, I still have no money.
PLACES FOR A WEEKEND GETAWAY:
-I have no problem traveling far away, even if it’s only for a few days. My dear friend Chelsie once went to New York City (from Mesa) for only 18 hours. She’s my hero. That said, I would pee my pants to go to any of these places: Prince Edward Island, Australia, the Ngorogoro Crater in Africa, Antarctica, Vietnam, Maine, Haggerty Georgia (fictional place, but still), or any state I have not yet seen. Traveling is one of my lifelong passions.
MOVIES I CAN WATCH OVER AND OVER AGAIN:
-I am embarrassingly easy to please. Basically any chick-flick will do. Some of my legendary favourites include: Anne of Green Gables, the A&E version of Pride and Prejudice, You’ve Got Mail, Princess Diaries, Lord of the Rings (all). I guess that makes me thoroughly predictable. Oh, and I really liked Stardust, too. I don’t care what you say.
1. Diet Dr. Pepper
2. QT Chicken Taquitos
4. Spending any money at all is something I usually have to rationalise.
5. Lip Gloss
PLACES I’VE LIVED:
1. Mesa, AZ
2. Lethbridge, Alberta Canada
3. Brussels, Belgium
4. My heart has kind of always lived in New York City. Does that count?
PLACES I’VE BEEN ON VACATION:
-How about I just redirect you to this map…
Doesn’t Colorado look lonely?
Plus Canada, Mexico, France, Belgium, England, and Scotland.
-Pickles. Krazy Sub. Carne Asada Burritos from Super Burrito. Poutine. Ramen Noodles (Maruchan, not Top). Tuna fish casserole. Uncooked vegetables with ranch.
FIRST KISS LOCATION:
-Let’s just say the first kiss that really mattered was on the green couches at Kyle’s parent’s house. I am pretty sure all his siblings have kissed on those couches, and I can’t decide whether to be proud to join the ranks, or kind of creeped out by that. Either way, they’re in our basement now…let us hope they have good karma.
SIX RANDOM THINGS ABOUT MYSELF:
-I cannot fathom that anybody is still actually reading this. I’ll do it tomorrow, so as not to kill off my friends–death by boredom would be very bad indeed.