I will get back to regularly scheduled posting soon.
Actually, I can’t promise that. I don’t know when the last time was that I was on a regular posting schedule. And I don’t foresee a time that I will be, either.
What I can promise is that I’ll do my best.
But until then, I will interrupt my already-interrupted European updates for this more current event announcement.
(Don’t we look happy here?)
I will remember our prenniversary (three months pre– to be exact) weekend getaway in Whitefish Montana for the following momentous reasons:
• It was the first time I purchased a pair of Birkenstocks™ for myself
• It fostered one of the most heated arguments I have ever had with PK
• Followed by one of the calmest and smoothest reconciliations we’ve ever had
• It was our marriage’s first weekend getaway that was non work-related and completely laid back and spontaneous (we only packed for one night but stayed for two)
• We spent too much money on completely silly—but excellent—experiences (like this)
• It marked the first time I wore a baseball cap for an extended period of time completely un-self-consciously (though maybe I should’ve been, but screw you, doubts and insecurities)
• It was wonderful in almost every way
We are nearly four years into our marriage and although we quarrel probably more than other couples, we also make up quicker and (if I do say so myself) more maturely. I’ve almost completely stopped slamming doors and I only threw lettuce once. (Did I ever tell you about the time I threw lettuce at Poor Kyle’s head? He deserved it but I was the one to clean it up, so really it didn’t do any good at all. But lettuce carries, I tell you what.)
One solid vegetable hucking out of 45 months of marriage seems like pretty good odds to me.
I composted the lettuce after.