It…is…here. And not a moment too soon. The month we have all been waiting for. The month to begin all the goodness that will come throughout the year. September is here, in all its nearly-autumn glory.
According to Wikipedia, September is the best month of the year. Here’s why:
1. September is Library Card Sign-Up Month.
2. September is such a peaceful, hopeful month that it brought about the end of WWII.
3. All around the world, countries honour their geriatrics in September. Japan has “Respect for the Aged Day,” and the less-pretentious North American countries acknowledge “National Grandparents’ Day.”
4. September marks the United States’ Hispanic Heritage Month. [I totally support this, for the record.]
5. The Netherlander Government presents its national budget to Her Majesty the Netherlands’s Queen this month.
All very good things indeed.
With a few slight modifications (i.e. cropping out the arm of the sofa and darkening the background a bit), this was our favourite, along with eight other pollsters (who, I have a feeling, were probably all Kyle. He is notorious for rigging the votes).
Maybe. But probably not. [Although, I did tell Adell she would regret dying her hair blond for her engagement photos and wedding day, and sure enough, three years later, she feels a great deal of hair-do remorse. I might do the same.]
But I meant it when I wrote, “probably not.” Let it be known that I am aware my hair is funky on my back in photo 3. We already tried to PhotoShop it, to no success. Oh, well. And I am aware (tremendously) that this photo is tres informal and taken on a couch, but you know what? I love that couch. And Kyle looks happy in photo 3, and me–well, I’m just trying to get through the next 50 days without metamorphosing into Bridezilla. Give me some credit.